Registration for CONGRESS 2023 now OPEN.
LACE has an appeal that is truly worldwide. Many lacemakers and lovers of lace belong to organisations that support and encourage the traditions of lacemaking in their own countries. OIDFA is different, indeed unique, in that it is an organization for lacemakers of different countries (currently over 40) with a focus that transcends nationality.
“Lace added an extra dimension to my life – a life filled with friends, meetings with like-minded people, offering me opportunities for travel and adventure, opening up new directions, and providing multifaceted answers to the questions that interested me.” Bistra Pisancheva, Bulgaria
Click here for additional information about the Lecture. To register for the lecture, click here.
- Hotel reservation premier pricing extended
Hotel reservation premier pricing has been extended to 31 March. Reserve your room now! Reservation information can be found at www.OIDFA.com: On-site FAQs page.
Don’t forget to register!
- unlimited 3 days entry to the Congress venue on August 4th, 5th and 6th with attendance of the Congress lectures
- access to the Congress exhibitions, Presentation Stands of lace schools and groups and Sales Stands
- participation in the Congress lace courses – with additional payment
- Get-together Party with Istrian Costume Presentation – with additional payment
- the OIDFA dinner – with additional payment
- the Congress Farewell Event with Slovenian headdress ‘peča’ Presentation – with additional payment
- Congress Excursions – with additional payment.
OIDFA’s activities reflect its international focus. The most obvious manifestation of this are the biennial Congresses, which have been held every two years since the first one in Le Puy-en-Velay in 1982. The next Congress is 4th–6th August, 2023, and will be a hybrid Congress held virtually and on-site in Nova Gorica (Slovenia) and Gorizia (Italy). See the Congress page for more details. The Congress allows lacemakers from all over the world to meet other people who have the same field of interest, to exhibit their lace works, to exchange ideas, and to transmit knowledge about their art.
Between congresses, members maintain contact with OIDFA and one another through a member Lecture Series and a quarterly Bulletin containing articles and news. A further aspect of OIDFA is its Work and Study Groups, which conduct and publish research on lace topics with an international perspective.
OIDFA is for lacemakers of all ages and has instituted a Young Lacemaker Grants Scheme. Application form (closing date 31st March 2023) are available for download.
To join, click on the Membership page.
The website is a work in progress! If you have any WordPress knowledge and would be willing to assist with the website, please contact the webmaster.
You must be logged in to post a comment.