OIDFA is for lacemakers of all ages and has instituted a Young Lacemaker Grant Scheme.
The purpose of introducing a system of grant(s) is to enable young lacemakers, to achieve success in their chosen field of lace study and to further the knowledge and development of lace making.
OIDFA invites applications from young lacemakers each year the General Assembly meets (2023, 2025 etc.) who are interested in carrying out in-depth study into any aspect of lace making such as:
- lace history,
- lace traditions,
- lace techniques (traditional and contemporary),
- a comparative study of one type of lace or different types of laces,
- lace design by traditional methods or computer generated,
- lace in arts, design and architecture,
- or any other lace related subject.
To learn more about the grant scheme click here.
Application forms (closing date 30 April 2023) are available for download.
You must be logged in to post a comment.