The first OIDFA Congress was held in 1982 at Le Puy-en-Velay (France), and subsequent Congresses have been organized by a different nation every two years until the recent interruption due to the Covid pandemic.
20th OIDFA World Lace Congress and General Assembly 2023
22 July — 20 August, 2023
virtual and on-site, with classes and tours before and afterwards.
Join us – the Congress is now a month long
- OIDFA Congress 2023 is a hybrid Congress with virtual and on-site activities.
- The on-site Congress in Nova Gorica (Slovenia) and Gorizia (Italy) includes the General Assembly of the organization.
- On-site courses are Monday, 31 July – Thursday, 3 August, 2023.
- The Congress including lectures, meetings, exhibitions, dinner, vendors/suppliers, and half day trips to museums and places of local interest takes place Friday, 4 August – Sunday, 6 August, 2023.
- Join the five (5) day tour of the countries Monday, 7 August – Friday, 11 August, 2023.
- More information about the sister cities can be found here.
Photo: Uroš Rojc, Local tourist board Nova
Gorica and Vipava valley
NEW! The Virtual Congress includes 9 virtual lectures and 9 virtual classes/courses.
Virtual Lectures: Saturday, 22 July; Sunday, 23 July; Wednesday, 26 July before the on-site Congress and Wednesday, 16 August; Saturday, 19 August; and Sunday, 20 August after the on-site Congress.
Virtual Classes/Courses: The week of 24 – 28 July before the on-site Congress and the week of 14 – 18 August after the on-site Congress. Classes are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Virtual Beginner class: 10, 13, 17, 20 July. Virtual Dresden Lace Class is 3 days, 3 hours @ day. All other virtual classes are 4 days, 3 hours each day.
You must be logged in to post a comment.